Military energy resilience and jet fuel from oilseeds
The project aims at identifying a strategy and defining a supply chain to exploit military state property land, and in particular marginal ones, making them suitable for agricultural by using Combi mix, a biological-based soil improver, a combination of biochar and the solid fraction of digestate, able to increase carbon sequestration and intended to produce aviation biofuels. By this, in house resources will be exploited for the self-production of advanced biofuel for Italian military fleet, in compliance with imminent obligation and policy makers target.
- Land selection among Italian Military lands through remote detection including GIS tools;
- Agronomic and economic feasibility test on selected crops;
- Definition of a crop plan and cultivation methods including test on soil treatment with Combi Mix;
- PVO (Pure Vegetable Oil) extraction and extraction chain organization on a large scale;
- Production survey for crop modeling and production stability definition
- Development of a Territorial Information System (SIT) for land jet fuel productivity prediction;
- Definition of the best production pathway for renewable jet fuel from PVO including Jetfuel production at the existing biorefineries, logistics and business plan
This project received funding by Italian Ministero della Difesa.